• 1879The School is Open

    The School was established when Mr. H. Fielding, a recent new resident to the area, discovered that there were a number of children in the area who were unable to attend school due to the distance to the nearest school.
  • 1893School is Closed Temporarily

    The School was closed due to the church hall it was held in being sold and there were only seven students enrolled.
  • 1896School is Re-opened

    The School was reopened as they now had a building in which they could meet, the Wood and Iron Town hall. Rev. John Durno is chosen as the Headmaster, the school at this time only accommodated students up to Std. 4 (Grade 6).
  • 1903-1904Construction of a School building is approved and Completed.

    After a recommendation from a visiting Inspector the Headmaster at the time, Mr. Micheal Gavin, started pushing for the construction of an official school building. With the backing of the Mayor of Cambridge building commenced in 1903 and was completed towards the end of 1904. This building is the current Foundation Phase Campus on Brabant Street.
  • 1920The School gains High School Status

    The school officially gained High School status, with an enrollment of 74 pupils in Stds 7 to 10 (Grades 9 to 12).
  • 1925Two Schools

    A letter was received from the Superintendent of Education recommending the building of a new school building to cater for younger students, Sub A to Std 4 (Grades 1 to 6).
  • 1927-1928School Uniform, Badge and Motto are Regularized

    The school’s famous motto, Non Vobis (Not for Ourselves) was adopted. This was the idea of Mr. R N Rosseinsky one of the staff members. The simple badge was created by Phyllis Kayser, a past pupil and teacher, she based the "C" in the badge on the horseshoe bend in the Nahoon River’s Horse Shoe Valley. The School officially split. The years Sub A to Std 4 (Grades 1 to 6) moved to the new building, The now Intermediate Senior Phase Campus on Queen Street. The new School was named Cambridge Junior School. The High school remined in the old building which also received some renovations.
  • 1929Cambridge Junior School Is Established

    The School officially split. The years Sub A to Std 4 (Grades 1 to 6) moved to the new building, The now Intermediate Senior Phase Campus on Queen Street. The new School was named Cambridge Junior School. The High school remined in the old building which also received some renovations.
  • 1929Cambridge Junior School's First Principal

    The first principal of the Junior School, Mr. H. S. Warren is appointed.
  • 1951Cambridge Junior School's Second Principal

    The second principal of the Junior School, Mr. R. G. Reid is appointed.
  • 1957-1959Three Schools

    Due to the increase in the population in the area the school became overcrowded. The High School Headmaster, Mr. T B Scott, began negotiations with the Education Department for the construction of a new school building.
  • 1959Cambridge Junior School's Third Principal

    The third principal of the Junior School, Mr. E. E. Sephton, is appointed.
  • 1959Cambridge Preparatory Established

    The construction of the new High School building on Garcia Street is completed and the students move in. The old High School building now officially becomes the Cambridge Preparatory School serving Sub A - Std. 1 (Grades 1-3) students.
  • 1959Cambridge Preparatory School's First Principal

    The first principal of the Preparatory School, Mrs. B. Barry is appointed.
  • 1965Cambridge Preparatory School's Second Principal

    The second principal of the Preparatory School, Mrs. A. Jones is appointed.
  • 1979Centenary Year

    The School celebrates its one hundredth year.
  • 1982Cambridge Junior School's Fourth Principal

    The fourth principal of the Junior School, Mr. N.M. McIntyre is appointed.
  • 1987Cambridge Preparatory School's Third Principal

    The third principal of the Preparatory School, Mrs. M. McEwan is appointed.
  • 1995Cambridge Preparatory School's Fourth Principal

    The fourth principal of the Preparatory School, Dr. G. Galloway is appointed.
  • 2004The School Celebrates 125 Years

    The School celebrates its one hundredth and twenty fifth year.
  • 2009Schools Combined

    Junior and Preparatory Schools combine to form the current Cambridge Primary School, with Mr. N. McIntyre as principal.
  • 2012Cambridge Primary School's Second Principal

    The second principal of the Primary School, Mr. O. Cronje is appointed.
  • 2019Cambridge Primary School's Third Principal

    The third principal of the Primary School, Mrs. M. Rothmann is appointed.